Thursday, December 16, 2010

525,600 Minutes

Yehuda Or is officially one year old. On one hand, I can't believe that already a full year has passed since he came into this world. On the other hand, I feel like he's been in my life forever - who was I before he existed? My identity and my reality is so intertwined with HIM that looking back on life before him is like watching a movie about a different person.

And now I am IMA. He's asleep next to me right now, snoring softly.
He's on the brink of walking these days and the thought of him standing up and walking out the door makes me laugh - it just doesn't feel like it could ever happen. But... that's how I felt before he was sitting, eating solids, teething, and crawling. And then one day, it just happens. One stage is left behind, and he enters a new one. You don't really have time to mourn the last stage, because suddenly the new stage exists, and it's so exciting to see your child grow. But there is something sad about the end, isn't there? I now have a delicious, gorgeous, ridiculously cute toddler (gasp!) and I'm SO happy to watch him become himself. Every day his personality develops a little bit more, and I can't handle how hilarious and clever he is. BUT, there is something bittersweet about saying goodbye to infancy. Lucky for us moms, turning 1 doesn't magically turn our little babies into "big kids." Thank G-d transitions are gradual, and most of the time in the natural evolution of things, nothing is so sudden that you don't have warning. Hashem's pretty smart...

Sorry this post is so short, but a longer one is on the way!
Shabbat Shalom everyone!

3 comments:

  1. It's amazing how one becomes the Ima so totally!!! Such a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah, i know thats what most mothers say, not only its a blessing to be one, but they say" i feel like ive known him forever"

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUP!!! Exactly! Everything is sooooo bittersweet. Enjoying EVERY minute!! That's the best we can do. xo

    ReplyDelete